Tomato-Aloo Curry (Tomato-Alugada kura)
Today I want to share one of my favorite recpies, Tomato-Aloo curry. I cook it very often, and this is my hubby's fav too.I know this is a regular curry we can find in my house holds of South India.
Lets talk about my version of recpie, I prefer using a bit more oil and I dont like to use water. So lets dig in...
1. Potatos 2 medium size skinned and cubed
(I prefer to use white skin potatoes as they taste better)
2. Tomatos 4 medium size chopped (Preferably tomatoes on the vein or plum kind)
3. Red chili pwd 2 tbsp
4. Turmeric 1/2 tsp
5. Coriander leaves 2 tbsp chopped
6. Red onion finely chopped
7. Ginger-Garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp.
8. Salt to taste.
9. Oil 2 tbsp.
1. Heat oil and add chopped onion, let it fry till translucent.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 1 min, then add turmeric pwd followed by potato cubes, fry them for a while.
3. Add chopped tomatoes with coriander leaves and salt.
4. Put the lid and make the stove in between to simmer and medium flame.
(If you are using a pressure cooker,
then put it on medium flame for 2 whistles)
5. Check it after 5 mins and see if the potato cubes are cooked ,then open the lid and cook for few more mins, then its done.
6. Can be served with rice or roti.
This is my entry to JFI: Tomato hosted by Lovely RP of My Workshop
Kitchen Notes: All quantites are approx., changes should be made according to the taste.
Recipe Source: own creation.